Hey everyone! I’ve never really wrote a “Get To Know Me” and I figured it’s better late than never, right?! Whenever I think of these things, I don’t really think I’m that interesting, but hey! Who knows, maybe we’ll have something in common. 🙂 So behold my fellow readers, a list of 10 things you may not know about me!
- I’m Irish and Italian – more Italian even though I look more Irish – curse you fair skin and red hair!
- I’m an “only” child. I put that in quotations for a couple of different reasons. I have two half siblings who I’ve never met (and I’m not too sure if I ever want to at this point in my life) and I have two girl cousins who I grew up with and that I consider my sisters. (They’re both bridesmaids in my wedding!)
- I’m all about lefts! I’m left-handed, from the left coast (Southern California originally!), my hair parts on the left side, and I play major sports left-handed…I bat right handed, but that’s the only thing! You know, people who are left-handed are always in their right mind…haha. I say that to people who look at me crazy when they notice I’m left handed. I think it’s hilarious honestly. I’ll be writing something down for work and inevitably someone will be like “WOAH…YOU’RE LEFT HANDED?!” or “How long has that been going on?!” or “Wow! You have really neat handwriting for a left-handed person”.
- I’ve never met my father – or anyone on that side of my family. Hence number 2! Technically out of all my Father’s children, I’m the middle child. I have an older half-brother named Dean and a younger half-sister named Shelby. My mom left my dad when she was pregnant with me (he cheated – too much info? eh, I don’t like him anyway) and he never made an effort.
- I’m 21 years of age and I’ve never left the country other than going to Canada for the Niagara Falls! I live in the USA, more specifically North Carolina. If you live in NC, comment! Maybe we’re close. 🙂
- My first car was a maroon 1998 Toyota Camry named Wanton. He was the BEST car ever. Was he flashy? Haaaiilll no. Did he shake going 65 mph? Definitely. BUT did he give me the best memories and help me become a better driver? Absolutely! Y’all… I literally cried leaving him at Car-Max when I was leaving in my new car. I know that seems pathetic, but he was the first real thing I could call my own and it couldn’t have been a better first car.
- My fiance and I have been together for 5 1/2 years! He was my high school sweetheart and we’ve been together since I was a junior in high school. We’re getting married next September and it’ll be 6 1/2 years together by then. We aren’t planning on continually celebrating our dating anniversary in a sense once we’re married. We’ll acknowledge it and probably go out to dinner/date night, but we won’t celebrate it like we’ll celebrate our married anniversary. We love giving presents to each other and love trying to one up the other to get the better gift!
- I work in Human Resources for my company and I’m a data analyst. I’m responsible for legal related requests (subpoenas), personnel files, Youth Employment Certificates, and running and analyzing reports. Boring, I know. I don’t think it’s something I see myself doing for the rest of my life, but I love my job and the company I work for. Plus the hours are great and really give me the leeway to do whatever needed.
- My favorite animal is an elephant. I love what they represent and they’re just beautiful animals. I have an elephant tapestry hanging in my cube at work, an abstract colored elephant card on my desk, and even elephant paper clips… but I’m not obsessed…right?
- My favorite color is blue. I’m not sure if it’s the color that looks the best with my skin tone/what I wear the most often or if it’s just been my favorite color for so long that I couldn’t possibly have another favorite. (joking, lol) Even one of my wedding colors is blue! My wedding colors are sky blue (like Carolina Blue – go heels!), grey, ivory, and pale pink (I’m having peonies). I’m not sure if these colors together will look like a baby shower… to be determined. So the pale pink may have to go.
Okay, folks! That’s all for the ten facts. If you want to know anything about me or have any questions at all, please ask! No seriously, ask because I need friends. LOL. Do we have anything in common? Be sure to like and comment!